Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pester Power, Thums Up and a Jeet!

People always believe that once you start working full time, a person starts understanding the value of a job, grows as a person, understands responsibilities and takes ownership of their actions. I would love those people to meet me because I fail at all the check boxes above. The only reason I do go to work is if I don't my dad will literally kick me to office. In office I am the normal troll that I am outside office, constantly talking bullshit (Bhaat as we call it), eating heads, making stupid comments and just acting like a freak, pretty normal for me.

While I have shared stories regarding prank calling people within office, stealing juice from lunch boxes and making lives a living hell, recently I seem to have honed my skills and every day post 6:30 PM I start my bhaat session. 

The people who feel the brunt of all this are the colleagues nearby, from the new guy who is to get married soon (constantly tell him, "Your life is over....."), to the finance manager who once got off his chair to try and kick me when I tried to talk about how trains are stopped in Guwahati as elephants get on the track to mate since its mating season, to Enakshi, Neha and Tanya who have to bear the most since I really go crazy at them, especially Tanya who seems to be just as crazy as me and also has her own set of "bhaat" lines to share.

Enough of that, I wasn't pleased just trolling about the colleagues, now its time for the office boys. Yes, those tireless workers who constantly listen and do as they are told. "Bring me coffee", "Bring these print outs", "Go to Mr. X and get his signature on this", its a thankless job in reality and just to rub it in, I wanted them to be part of the trolling and pestering also. Which means they were gonna be the butt of the jokes.

So we have this Tanmay, Tanmay da as we affectionately call him, he works tirelessly bringing tea and coffee to all that need and demand it. I however, don't drink caffeine , I avoid tea and coffee since always, not that I hate the drink, its just that I don't want some hot liquid in me to kickstart my system. So he comes and provides refreshing drinks to all while I get nothing that I want, so I start telling him everyday

"Tanmay da, aamar Thums up kothai?" (Tanmay da, where is my thums up?"

Initially he was taken aback since no one ever makes such nonsensical remarks. This continued for a couple of weeks and I started really pestering him.
"Where is my thums up? I want it today" of course spoken in broken bengali.

Then when I saw that even that was not going to work , I started to bring in the emotional blackmail.

"You will only bring the thums up when I put down my papers"

This also continued for a few days and everyone would have a good laugh because its all a joke and whatever I do say is in good faith, I dont say stuff to hurt people just to bring smiles and of course piss them off.

Last thursday while we were setting up for lunch this happens

Don't worry, I just left a little cola in it before I took the snap. ITS STILL COLA!


Tanmay da brought 2 cups of Cola for us, Tanya, Neha and I were having lunch and we were so surprised it was un freaking believable, Tanmay then says "Sob Theek?" (Everything ok? ) with a smile and thats when it all fell into place. My pestering worked and I got my free cola

Of course a lotta comments have come about this, some one said that the poor soul actually had to take out money from his pocket or how much I actually got on his nerves that he had to bring me a cola to shut me up, which didn't work cos I told him "Kalke o aanben" (bring some tomorrow as well)

Of course this doesn't bode well for me as pointed out, I was to get the cola the day I resigned, ummm ok.......???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment